Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday 08/31/2011

     Well it is the last day of August. I won't be sorry to see it go. Here in Philadelphia it was the rainiest month in our history. With the help of Hurricane Irene last week we bested the previous record by over 6 inches. People talk about the northwest being the rainiest part of the country but I just checked Google and Philly has a higher average annual rainfall than Seattle. Maybe we should all head west.

     It is also time for the commercials touting the new TV season to roll into full attack mode. More reality TV with ABC rolling out The Chew. It won't be on my "Must See" list. The whole thing with reality TV escapes me. Why do normally sane people go on TV and expose the worst traits of their personality for an entire nation to see. "Real Housewives"?? I'm not advocating going back to "Leave It To Beaver"  but scripted drama and comedy would definitely be my preference. I resort to the cooking channel or a talk show when there is nothing else available. I hate that fact that the people who run the networks (cable and broadcast) seem to program to appeal to all our baser instincts.  

      There was a wonderful piece on NBC News about the beneficial properties of Chocolate. For those of you who need an excuse to break down and have a little taste go to   http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/NBC-Nightly-News-With-Brian-Williams/90961/2111936967/No-Longer-a-Guilty-Pleasure-/videos. This is the kind of news we all need.

       Have a lovely evening all!

No comments:

Post a Comment