Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday 08/11/2011

My youngest sister has been unsuccessful in posting comments to my blog. She informs me she is getting out her quill to let me know how she really feels. She does have a sense of humor even though she is firmly entrenched in the 20th century. If anyone else is having a problem you can let me know by emailing me at makfrett@comcast.net.


Don't ask me why but for some reason this afternoon I was thinking about my days at St. Tim's and Friday afternoons with Picture Study and Poetry. I know the first few lines of more poems than I can shake a stick at. The one that comes immediately to mind is A Leak in the Dike by Phoebe Cary. This is the kind of info that would only ever come in handy on a quiz show. Is there anyone else who wishes they could clear the hard drive between their ears of this kind of data? 


Has anyone else see the news reports this week on the cure for a type of Leukemia that doctors recently come up with? I read the following after I saw reports on TV:

Scientists are reporting the first clear success with a new approach for treating leukemia — turning the patients' own blood cells into assassins that hunt and destroy their cancer cells.
They've only done it in three patients so far, but the results were striking: Two appear cancer-free up to a year after treatment, and the third patient is improved but still has some cancer. Scientists are already preparing to try the same gene therapy technique for other kinds of cancer.
The rest of the article is at   http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-health/20110810/US.MED.Gene.Therapy.Leukemia/?cid=hero_media
What these scientist have done is amazing and if the process can be replicated for other types of cancer it would be fantastic!


Chanel 6 is all geared up with the Eagles first pre-season game tonight. My heart and mind is still with the Phillies. I'm not ready for football yet. 


My niece Marlie posted this yesterday and I'm passing along.
When you think you're not happy with your life, always think that someone is happy simply because you exist!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment