Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday 08/15/2011

I've been thinking about what I should write today and I decided to go with my current pet peev:
When did turn signals become optional and Stop signs only a strong suggestion?
I've been thinking about this since I was nearly T-boned at the corner of Wellington and Frankford a couple of weeks ago. I slowed down to make a left turn onto Frankford from Wellington and a guy blew right through the red light. It was one of those heart in your throat moments. Everyday driving in our neighborhoods has become more dangerous than driving in the Indy 500.
For the sake of those you love and those that love you please become more aware of the rules of the road. Drive like your life depends on it. It does.

So I'm sitting here watching Rescue Me via dvr. This is one of my favorite dramatic TV shows.
A few years back NBC had a campaign about MUST SEE TV. I can't think of too many network shows that fall into that category any more. The Good Wife and Gray's Anatomy are the exception (for me) rather than the rule in network TV these days. You would think that with the proliferation of cable networks that the variety of what is available to view would increase but if anything it has gotten worse.
Somebody at CBS discovered a while back that reality TV was cheaper to produce and people would watch it. After that the other networks jumped on the bandwagon. For those of us who do not enjoy reality TV the choice of what to watch has moved from the networks we grew up with to premium cable (think Dexter or True Blood) or networks like TNT or USA. I used to look forward to September and the introduction of the new network shows but so far I haven't really seen anything new that I think will make that MUST WATCH list..
Let me know what you think.  

I just took a pole on XFINITY's entertainment screen on the greatest movie love stories. So far comming in the top 3 spots in order are GONE WITH THE WIND, THE NOTEBOOK & CASSABLANCA. Three good ones to be sure but one of my all time favorites AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER was not even one of the choices.

That's all for now................

No comments:

Post a Comment