Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday 09/29/2011

     I really haven't had too much to say lately so you haven't see a post for a couple of weeks. Still not a lot on my mind but I thought I would check in and just say  HELLO in case anyone is checking.

     Today I posted the following on facebook:
For those of you who love to laugh here is a clip of Madeline Kahn singing at a 100th birthday celebration for Irving Berlin. Today is her birthday. Hats off to a comic genius who died too young.
The song is "You'd be Suptised". Give a listen and have a chuckle.
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVtT8it5E0U


     Well tomorrow is the last day of September and as the weather is finally changing and baseball playoffs are here I guess we are well and truly into fall. Halloween is right around the corner followed hard by Thanksgiving and Christmas and then into 2012. Time flies by so fast. I know my mother told me things would speed up as I got older but it has only been the last few years that things seem to go at warp speed.


      Here is a Quote of the Day for all my friends who love baseball even if their love of the game applies only to their own team: 
No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda
(Just in case you folks didn't know...The Phillies rocked that middle third and had the best record in the sport with 102 wins and 60 losses.)

No comments:

Post a Comment