Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday 10/09/2011

Hi all. I haven't been here for a while because I really have not had a lot to say. It is Sunday and the other night the Phillies lost to the Cardinals and knocked themselves out of the race for the pennant. This is particularly galling since they had the best season ever. They had won 102 games and were in first place in their division for the majority of the season and then they chocked in the playoffs. We can always say wait till next year but we still need to have a wake to bury the hopes and dreams still floating in our psyche for this year. 2011 season RIP.

This week we also saw the passing of Steve Jobs. I may not own an Apple product but the technology he introduced with his products still pervades our everyday lives. If you have a smart phone or an MP3 player you have Mr. Jobs to thank. And don't forget Pixar. It was Steve Jobs who financed the little picture studio that could. Without him we may not have known Woody or Buzz Lightyear. We would never have searched for Nemo or gone exploring the world in a house floating through the clouds via balloons. I thank him for his ideas and for making the world a better place.

Roger Williams has also passed away from pancreatic cancer. He is another artist I listened to growing up. I think of him more for Born Free but Autumn Leaves was his best selling record. He really could play the piano. Take a few moments to enjoy a lovely piece.
 http://youtu.be/phrTbHBzKIc

The new TV season....we're almost 3 weeks into it and there is not really any new show that is EXCITING. I like A Gifted Man and Person of Interest but if I miss them I don't really mind. My favorites remain NCIS, The Good Wife and The Big Bang Theory. There are other shows I enjoy but I get bent out of shape if I miss those three. And I did forget PRIME SUSPECT. I'm not used to it being there on Thursday night yet but I really do like it. Maria Bello is really fantastic in it. I have to watch Dexter later today. I hope this year my favorite serial killer gets back to his roots.

I hope you all have a wonderful week.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment