Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday 10/26/2011

     I haven't been here for a while but there really hasn't been much to talk about recently. Anyway I'm here now so we'll see where this goes.

     I went to the movies with my friend Kitty yesterday to see THE MIGHTY MACS. A story about the first woman's basketball team to win a national NCAA title. That was back in 1972. When you look at the movie you realize just how far women's sports have come in the last 40 years.  We have a lot of dedicated women and Title 9 to thank for that but I digress. The movie made me chuckle to see the uniforms the Macs had to wear. (They were so similar to the gym uniforms I wore in high school. And they were the same style my high school team wore. I was a huge fan of girls basketball back when I was in high school. From sophomore year until I graduated I never missed a game my school played. The Bambis of St. Huberts were a great team and a lot of fun to cheer for.  It was a tough game and I think it ruined me because I haven't ever warmed up to men's basketball. It just has never seemed quite as exciting.) But to get back to the movie.... It wasn't what you would call unforgettable cinema but it was a good movie. You can take the family and not have to worry about any inappropriate content. I recommend the movie to anyone with a love of sports but with movie prices being what they are you may want to wait for the DVD or cable TV to catch it.

     Sunday night on 60 minutes there was a fantastic story about the impact that iPads have had on autistic children and their ability to communicate. Here is a link to the CBS site for the show. If you know anyone affected by autism you may want to take a look.     http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/ 

     Here is a link for a beautiful song by Adele. Christian, the 2 yr old my sister watches loves her and calls her The Girl. She has replaced Beiber in his list of videos to watch before his daily nap time. 
Anyway take a moment and enjoy this lovely performance.
www.youtube.com
Music video by Adele performing Someone Like You. (C) 2011 XL Recordings Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment