Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday 09/07/2011

     We are coming up to the 10th anniversary of 9/11. I was in the hospital the days before the attack with one of my earlier bouts of cellulitis and on the day of the attacks I was at home and awake and watching Matt Lauer & Katie Couric on the Today show. When the initial report came in I wondered how was it possible for a plane to crash into a building in such clear weather. Then I saw the 2nd plane crash and realized it was going to be something that would change our lives forever. I saw things on the news that day that I hope to never see again. It was surreal. The people on the streets of New York that day reminded me of the people at the end of the movie Volcano. But this was REAL.
     Take a moment in the days ahead to remember the people in those towers that day. Those who lived who had their lives irrevocably changed and those who died who are mourned by those they left behind. And say a prayer for our country and those men and women both in the military and civilian life who spend their lives working to protect us from similar attacks. The very least we can give them are our prayers and thanks.

     I just happened to see That the Kennedy Center Honorees have been announced for this year. Here is a copy of the piece I saw:
    This year's Kennedy Center Honors belong to musicians and Meryl Streep -- the Oscar-winning actress known to favor us with a song or two. Streep, singer Barbara Cook, singer-songwriter Neil Diamond, cellist Yo-Yo Ma, and saxophonist and composer Sonny Rollins are the honorees at this year's 34th annual Kennedy Center ceremony. “This year, the Kennedy Center selects five extraordinary individuals whose collective artistry has contributed significantly to the cultural life of our nation and the world,” said Kennedy Center Chairman David M. Rubenstein. The honors will be broadcast Tuesday, Dec. 27 on CBS. 
     This reminds me that THE EMMYS are 10 days away. Sunday Sept. 18th on FOX. Looking forward to it.   


     Well I can't think of anything more at the moment so take care and take a moment for yourself everyday to feed your soul. Look at something beautiful or listen to a wonderful piece of music or speak to a friend and laugh. These are things that make life worth living. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment