Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday 09/11/2011

     Last night I put a post on facebook alluding to the fact that prior to 09/11 we went to sleep at night feeling safe and how we would never be quite that naive again. I also noted that I thought that I had already lived through the historical event of my lifetime with the assassination of  JFK.
     That thought lead me to consider all the history that I have been on this earth to observe.
           I remember the Berlin wall going up and falling down.
           The most afraid I was before 09/11 was the Cuban Missile Crisis when I was a freshman in high school.
           I remember the escalation of the war in Viet Nam when we went from having some troops on the ground as advisors to fighting and loosing a full fledged war.
     There was a lot of other history that happened in the last 60 or so years. I just hope that nothing in the future equals what happened in NYC 10 years ago today.

     So there are things in life that bring us down but there are also things that lighten our spirits and bring joy to our hearts. In that spirit I've again raided YouTube. I'm including 2 links here. The first is for a dance number that was performed for Jacques D'amboise by his children when he was presented with the Kennedy Center Honor. http://youtu.be/QM5-KfywTsE 
     The 2nd clip is Tim Conway and Harvey Korman from the Carol Burnett Show. There is something wrong with your funny bone if you don't find this amusing. http://youtu.be/SEGuVb-mtf0

     Not really much else to say. The Phillies and Eagles are both playing. I find it very disconcerting when the sports seasons overlap like this. This has been a record breaking year for our Phillies. They are the best team in baseball at the moment with more than 90 wins and less than 50 losses. By all rights they should win the World Series but I don't want to be too cocky and jinx them.

     Have a great day all and a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment