Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday 01/15/2012

Good Lord! It's 2012. To be honest when I was a kid I never thought I'd live this far into the new century. Of course I was going by what I knew then. When I was a kid and looking at movies made in WWII people in their 40's looked to be in their 70's and people in their 60's were old and crotchety and were ready to pick out headstones. Now we see Jane Fonda in a leotard at the age of 74 teaching all us boomers how to stay fit and active. My, how times and perceptions have changed.

Today is the day that the 2012 Award season kicks off. Tonight the Golden Globes will be seen on NBC. Ricky Gervais will again host as the Hollywood Foreign Press salutes what it feels is the best and brightest in movies and TV from the past year. We'll get to watch a red carpet and see what female actors will be touted as fashion icons or fashion fools. We'll get to exchange comments among ourselves about the commentators and who of them are the best and the worst. This is our fun for having to watch hours of commercials for the nominated movies and shows. So tonight pull up your favorite snacks and beverage and put on your comfy jammies and enjoy. And remember that the OSCARS will be telecast on February 26th. Tonight is just the warm-up.



Nothing else is new around here. So all have a great week.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment